Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Views on Characterization

I'm always on the lookout for interesting blogs or articles on characterization. We know that one of the main components for fiction is believable and interesting characters that grab us by the hand and pull us into the story.

Alton Gansky, suspense novelist, blogged on characterization and then talked about another blogger who'd written the same. Jack Cavanaugh, well-known writer, has just begun to blog. His site is Word Forge: A Working Writer's Studio. Today's blog, August 26, 2009, is on four points of what makes a character memoriable. http://www.jcwordforge.com/

Notice also on his blog that he has a number of links to other interesting blogs on writing, especially on characterization.

3 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Thanks for sharing this, Gail! It's very timely. I'm working on lessons for the online teen writing co-op that I teach and one topic is character development. Looking forward to checking it out. Blessings for your day:)

Kristi Holl said...

I appreciate the links, Gail. Looks like a place to find a wealth of good information. I don't think you can ever learn too much about deepening characterization! 8-)
Kristi Holl
Writer's First Aid blog

Gail Gaymer Martin said...

Thanks Karen and Kristi. I'm glad the links give you some new info. When I stumble on these, I like to share since they often have some good info and things to think about.

I'm doing a new workshop, Tension and Conflict, at the American Christain Fiction Writers conference so hopefully I can write some of it up as articles here. My time is getting squeezed with two new book sales.

Gail